A dynamic and self – motivated DevOps Engineer. Aspiring for a bright and challenging career in the field of server and application management which would enable me to upgrade myself with emerging trends and technologies.
– Setup and maintain infrastructure in a very restricted and highly secure environment.
– Implement the latest technologies like Kubernetes for container orchestration, Terraform to maintain infrastructure, Ansible as a configuration management tool & CD, Prometheus for metrics and alerts, Elasticsearch to manage logs, Gitlab as a SCM & CI.
– Take ownership and move the applications from the traditional infrastructure to a container orchestration platform.
– Set up production ready Kubernetes clusters on Amazon Web Services and manage applications life-cycle.
– Integrate complete monitoring and logging solutions for Kubernetes using Prometheus Operator and
– Research and implement the best ingress controllers for Kubernetes depending on the setup and the
– Add security measures to Kubernetes by implementing image vulnerability scanning in the pipelines restricting docker registries (images) to specific namespaces or cluster-wide using a Kubernetes
Operator and using image signing.
– Setup and maintain Harbor as a docker registry with Clair, Chartmuseum and Notary server.
– Suggest and implement the concept of Kubernetes Operators into the company.
– Design and implement CI/CD on top of Kubernetes using Jenkins and containers which continuously
integrate and rapidly deploy software using automation pipelines.
– Improve and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure using Terraform.
– Provide input for documentation of new or existing solutions to ensure information accessibility.
– Design and build Docker container images.
– Perform code reviews and instill best practices.
Client: Lufthansa Industry Solutions
– Work in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
– Integrating various Version control tools, build tools and deployment methodologies (scripting) into Jenkins to create an end to end orchestration build cycles.
– Use Ansible for provisioning, configuration management, orchestration and continuous delivery.
– Design, develop build and packaging tools for continuous integration build and reporting. Automate the build and release cycles.
– Coordinate all build and release activities, ensure release processes is well documented, source control repositories including branching and tagging.
– Use automation tools like Ansible and Jenkins for various deployment procedures.
– Code python scripts to implement various monitoring checks.
– Maintain existing programs/scripts and extended Linux system functionality as needed.
– Research monitoring on Azure and exporting data to external monitoring platforms such as Prometheus, Icinga and Graphite.
– Reengineer company’s systems setup, establishing automated server generation routines, optimizing system performance, installing upgrades/patches, establishing system monitoring and maintaining security protocols.
– Ensure that operating systems, software and procedures align with organizational standards and strategic plans.
– Fix major server vulnerabilities by updating components and replacing them with enterprise-class open source alternatives.
– Ensure that assigned systems were engineered, configured and optimized for maximum functionality and availability. Implement solutions that reduce single points of failure and improve system uptime.
– Research, evaluate and implement new technology solutions.
– Reduce technology cost while achieving equal level of service for our business clients.
– Document and implement a disaster recovery plan that included backup schedule policies, regular testing, and off-site recovery plans to ensure data integrity and assurance.
– Develop holistic solutions by analyzing client needs and employing critical thinking in the development of specifications and the evolution of design, implementation and test.
Container Orchestration: Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Version Control Systems: Git
Automation/Build Tools: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Ansible, Gitlab CI, Terraform
Databases: MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Load Balancing: Nginx, HAProxy, Traefik, Varnish
Monitoring: Zabbix, Nagios, Icinga, Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch
Cloud: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Open Telekom Cloud